LAST UPDATE: March 11, 2018
This Policy describes the types of personal information that we collect through the Site and how that personal information may be used and/or with whom it may be shared. This Policy also describes how you can reach us to update your personal information, access and control the use of the personal information, or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices at this Site. Please read this Policy carefully, because by accessing and using this Site, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy.
- COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information You Provide
The privacy and security of the personal information that BruVue collects from you is a priority for BruVue. When you visit this Site, you may be asked or choose to provide personal information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally including, but not limited to:
- Purchase and Login Information: If you purchase products from the Site, we request that you provide your name, email address, billing and shipping address, credit card information, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction. If you create an account on the Site, your name, billing and shipping address, and the last four digits of your credit card information can be stored by us. We do not collect or store your full credit card information.
- Mailing List Information: You may choose to receive certain communications from BruVue via your email address upon interaction with the Site. Your email address may be used to send you news about BruVue-related services, products, or promotions. We may use one or more service providers to administer these messages, but we do not share your email address with spammers or any other third parties without your permission.
You will be informed what personal information is required and what information is optional when asked to submit personal information to us. By submitting personal information to BruVue at this Site, you hereby consent to BruVue’s collection, use, and disclosure of such personal information.
We may combine the personal information that you submit directly through this Site with other personal information we have collected from you, whether online or offline. We may also combine it with information that we receive about you from other sources, such as other companies, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third parties.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate around this Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information), using various technologies. We passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access this Site through a mobile Device.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (1) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie and prompt you to accept or reject the cookie; (ii) to disable existing cookies; (iii) to set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. Please note, if you reject a cookie from the Site, the functionality of the Site will be impacted.
- Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs, or Other Similar Technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: An IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits this Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is a standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by most web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, diagnosing server problems, administering this Site, and improving the overall functionality of this Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your Device, such as a unique device identifier.
- Do-Not-Track Requests: Your selection of the “Do-Not-Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on our collection of cookie information for analytic and internal purposes. The only way to completely opt out of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or Device to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. Please note, depending on the type of Device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your Device.
Integrated Accounts and Social Media Information
We may implement applications or “widgets” from third party providers (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) that allow interaction, integration, or content sharing with third party services. These widgets or applications may be visible on a page you visit on our Site or may require log-in through the third party provider’s service. The third party providing the widget or integration may offer controls for you to manage your interactions. Any interaction with a third party widget or application typically allows the third party to collect some information about you (whether through cookies, registration information, or otherwise). These third parties may even track you when you do not interact with the widget. If you have engaged any of these third party service providers, their respective privacy policies will govern their tracking and collection of information. You should review these third party policies to understand these practices.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We use and disclose personal information that you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection, such as when you (1) register for a user account, (2) submit payment or credit card information, (3) submit your name and e-mail address to receive product updates and marketing information, and (4) send e-mail messages or feedback, or transmit other information by e-mail. When you elect to engage in such activities, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), e-mail address, mobile telephone numbers, and payment information.
We also use and transfer personal information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquires and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents that you request or e-mail;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- for our business purposes, such as marketing new products and services, data analysis, audits, developing new products or services, enhancing our Site, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our Site;
- to our third party services providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, credit card processing, IT services, e-mail services, marketing services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- when we otherwise have your consent.
In addition, we use and disclose personal information collected through this Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with any legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may also use and disclose personal information collected through this Site in other ways, with your prior consent.
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form (such as anonymized, masked, or de-identified information) for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Use of Information for Marketing Purposes
BruVue and our affiliates may send you regular promotional communications about our products, services, events, and promotions. Such promotional materials may use the “BruVue” brand and may be sent to you via different channels such as: email, phone, SMS text messages, postal mailings, and third party social networks.
In order to provide you with the best personalized experience, sometimes these communications may be tailored to your preferences (for example, as you indicate these to us, as we may have inferred from your web site visits, or based on the links you click in our emails). When required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before starting these activities. In addition, you may withdraw your consent (opt-out) at any time.
- GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will be collected, stored, processed, and transmitted in accordance with BruVue’s established policies and applicable federal, state, local, and foreign laws, rules, and regulations.
The principles of BruVue with respect to the processing of personal information are as follows: (1) personal information will be processed fairly and lawfully, (2) personal information will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed for incompatible purposes, (3) personal information will be adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it is collected, (4) personal information will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date to the best of our ability, and (5) personal information will be retained as identifiable data for no longer than necessary to serve the purposes for which the personal information was collected.
If BruVue engages in the processing of personal information for purposes other than those specified in this Policy, BruVue will provide notice of these changes, the purposes for which the personal information will be used, and the recipients of personal information.
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or web property (including, without limitation, any application) that is available through this Site or to which this Site contains a link. The availability of, or inclusion of a link to, any such site or property on this Site does not imply endorsement of it by us or by our affiliates.
- CHOICES AND ACCESS
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes:
- Receiving Marketing Communications From Us: If applicable and you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by contacting us as specified below in the CONTACTING US section. If you contact us for purposes of opting out of marketing communications, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and e-mail or postal address. You may also opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by visiting this Site to update your online profile. In addition, you may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message.
- Receiving Reminders From Us: If applicable and you no longer want to receive reminders from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by contacting us as specified below in the CONTACTING US section. In your response to us, please provide your name and the e-mail address or phone number at which you receive reminders from us.
- Our Sharing of Your Personal Information with Affiliates and Third-Party Co-Marketers: If applicable and you would prefer that we not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates and/or third-party co-marketing partners for their marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by contacting as specified below in the CONTACTING US section. In your response to us, please state that we should no longer share your personal information with our affiliates and/or third-party partners for their marketing purposes, and include your name and e-mail address.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we may not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates and co-marketing parties with which we have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
How You Can Access, Change, or Delete Your Personal Information
If applicable and you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via this Site, please contact us as specified below in the CONTACTING US section. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
It is your responsibility to provide BruVue with accurate personal information. Except as otherwise set forth in this Policy, BruVue shall only use personal information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. To the extent necessary for these purposes, BruVue shall take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current, and relevant to its intended use.
- RETENTION PERIOD
We retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised. We will take other steps in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the CONTACTING US section below.
- USER REGISTRATION AND PASSWORD
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information. To ensure effectiveness of your password, we recommend that you do not disclose your user identification or password to anyone. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
- USE OF SITE BY MINORS
We do not intentionally collect information from individuals under the age of 13. The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 13 and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through this Site.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAWS
This Policy is meant to guide BruVue with respect to personal information collected from or about you at this Site. While this Policy applies to personal information generally, the local laws, rules, and regulations of jurisdictions that are applicable to BruVue (“Local Laws”) may require standards that are stricter than this Policy and, in such event, BruVue will comply with applicable Local Laws. Specific privacy policies may be adopted to address the specific privacy requirements of particular jurisdictions.
- CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you specifically acknowledge and agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may provide for different data protection rules, and a lower standard of required protection, than in your country.
We may change this Policy as we deem necessary to further business operations. Please review the LAST UPDATE legend at the top of this page to see when this Policy was last revised. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on this Site. Your use of this Site following these changes means that you accept the revisions to this Policy.
BruVue will use a self-assessment approach to verify compliance with this Policy and periodically verify that the Policy is accurate, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, implemented, and accessible.
If you believe that your personal information has been processed or disclosed in violation of this Policy, BruVue encourages you to contact BruVue in accordance with the CONTACTING US section. BruVue will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information.
- CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
Credit card and payment information is processed by a secure third party. BruVue will never store, access, or manage your credit card and payment information.
- CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us via the CONTACT US form on the Site.